Re: [orca-list] Orca on a thumb drive

Hi Glenn, all

Since Orca is "built in" the desktop, there is no reason to have it on a external thumb drive.
When you use a distro with GNOME desktop all that you have to do is press
meta + alt + s to activate screen reader, same as in an Apple's machine the screen reader comes with the desktop. However, with Orca you can carry the preferences in a thumb drive and load Orca with the -u command line switch, and specify the directory where your preferences are located. If for some reason Orca is not installed in your distro sure that you will find it on the repositories for that distro.

Regards, take care and happy new year everyone!

Javier