Re: [orca-list] XP-Like Theme wanted

The only distro that aims at anything like you are talking about that is alive and well, and actually from
what I read well built and not just a flash
in the pan is xoren OS.
Sorry if the spelling is wrong, but in the case it is it's on distrowatch, and will show up in google
searches.
I'm thinking it comes with orca by default, but not sulre now much tweaking is needed for good accessibility.
I will repeat my advice, spend more time learning about Linux rather than just trying one distro after
another, and especially stop wasting your time
with the very out of date ones.
It would not take you two weeks of using something like mate to be a very effective and comfortable user. It
is better and more effecient than winxp in
most ways, and if you install pcmanfm you'll have a more responsive file manager than windows explorer or
caja, the default mate filemanager, which
properly configured is quite good on most systems.
If you do go for xoren, please give it a fair chance, and report on what is good and where accessibility may
be lacking. You'll be on your own with this
distro though most likely, or maybe, hopefully not, but by now you should know that no one uses the distros
you ask about it seems, no one who needs
speech anyway. If you've gotten off list replies from folks who do use wannabe windows distros, well you
probably are best asking them directly for
help.
Good luck.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Alex Midence wrote:
Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 03:36:29PM -0600

Probably not.  Closest you will get to that interface is Gnome Classic or Mate.  Why do you want xP
interface in Linux?  Probably have an easier time of it just using Windows and not migrating to Linux at
all.

Alex M