Re: [orca-list] could this be modded?

its been around for 2 or 3 years but I just figured out how to get it working today.

On 12/22/2014 12:05 PM, B. Henry wrote:
Windows 3.1, give me a break!
I wasn't interested in running that when it was the only windows in town...
As for the screenreaders in question, ASAP was, and I reckon still is a very good DOS screenreader. I became
very conflicted after grabbing one of their
demos, full featured only a short announcement every 15 minutes to remind you where you could buy, and that
did not interupt important goings on. I'd
already spent $400 on Vocal-eyes, which was also very good I must say, but I found myself using ASAP more and
had no more money to spend.
I moved away from internet access after a few months, and sadly someone lost all my floppies and the other
remnants of my DOS daze instead of safely
storing the stuff for me.
I wonder why the py.serial and com0com stuff still relies on python2.6, if much of anybody really cared you'd
think they'd at least have gotten this
working with 2.7; or is this a really old post you found somewhere?
What's the deal with vmware 4.0 also, 5 was fine on Linux as I recalled, does it not give good accessibility
on that microsoft OS?
I don't even know what a virtual bns server is.
  Never mind, fake blind-ghetto-ware!...lol
Sounds like it's mostly a question of finding the Linux answer to com0com and see about py-serial as well.
So, I guess the answer is, code and you shall receive, and actually this may just be a case of doing a bit of
research and configuration.
It's OT for here, so please do not shoot me for replying folks.