Re: [orca-list] Problem with Firefox

I don't know what previous email you're referring to, but you can get Chrome to work with ChromeVox, a screen reader for Chrome and ChromeOS from Google. In addition, you can also get Chromium to work with ChromeVox on non-Debian based distributions, like Arch. I'm not sure which distribution you're using, so I'm not sure if Chromeium will work for you or not.

I used sighted assistance to get ChromeVox installed with Chrome originally, but I know there are instructions on getting ChromeVox working with Chrome and Chromium without sighted assistance. The instructions I saw were distribution specific, so if you let us know what distribution you're using, someone may be able to get you the right instructions.

I know you were asking about Chrome and Orca, but this combination doesn't work yet. Chrome with ChromeVox is a good alternative though, and one of the things I like about Linux is that I have four different screen reading options on this laptop, so if I have trouble with one, I have some alternatives to fall back onto and work my way out of trouble.