Re: [orca-list] A Firefox problem

hi
This sounds like you might be using an older version of orca. If
you're using the latest lts from ubuntu it has orca v3.12, and there
have been literally tons of firefox improvements in 3.14. Orca used to
loop over lines, repeat continuously, fail to read certain lines, the
issues were endless, but they've been largely fixed with 3.14. There's
an accessibility PPA you can get for ubuntu that has the latest orca,
at-spi and friends. I'm not sure of the name, but I'm sure if you do a
google search for something like accessibility ppa for ubuntu 14.04
you'll turn it up. If not, email back and I'll do my best to find it.
Epiphany should've worked at least a little with orca, although it
needs improving which joanie says she's currently fixing. Chromium
will probably never work with orca itself. No idea why. When I tried
to find out I got the standard there aren't enough linux users so
we'll only support windows screen readers, etc. You can use chromevox
which will enable chrome to speak if you want. Doing this in ubuntu
might be easy  or it might not. I know in debian they removed
something completely geekish from chromium that keeps chromevox from
working, and I'm not sure if ubuntu has put that back in their
package. If you need more help don't hesitate to email back in and
I'll try to help. Welcome back to linux
Thanks
Kendell clark

Michael Weaver wrote:
I have just got back into Ubuntu on a new laptop after a long break
from Linux after using a Mac and having issues with Windows 8.1.
However I seem to be having a problem with Firefox in which Orca is
not reading web pages properly while navigating text like it may
repeat lines when arrowing up or down to next or previous lines. I
have altered certain preferenxces like checking the box to navigate
with the arrow keys but still no joy and I have checked and
unchecked smooth scrolling as well but still no joy.

Sent from my iPhone