Re: [orca-list] beginning work on an NVDA like controller

hi
Yeah, this sounds like what is needed. It isn't so much about having
orca speak, as setting the pitch, rate, synthesizer, etc and then
using those settings to speak. That way if you change settings later
on, the app wouldn't need to be rewritten. I still would like to
abstract this out into some sort of library that any app could use,
something like libspeak? I've got to get the stuff working first
though. I *think* I have to load orca's user settings and then use
those settings to speak?
Thanks
Kendell clark