[orca-list] Cannot turn Orca on at login screen

I believe that I have already posted about this issue, but I have just clean-installed Ubuntu 14.0.4.1 LTS from the ISO and can still not activate Orca at the login screen using the super+win+S keyboard shortcut. This prevents me from using the Gnome shell or other non-Unity solutions as several areas of Unity appear to be inaccessible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sam