Re: [orca-list] The New Focus Mode Stuff

Hello,
The issue with such alert type messages not being spoken while using gmail in Firefox with Orca might most likelly mean orca is not correctly picking aria live regions found in gmail. A little while ago I have reported a similar case that such an alert message is not anounced after opening a gmail conversation. Unfortunatelly I have found another case where orca is not properly handling such a rich list. It's in the gmail contacts. When that list of contacts gets keyboard focus orca does not switch into focus mode and unfortunatelly even when it's being switched to focus mode manually it does report nothing while trying to use arrow keys. I need to play more with this because I am not sure this is a gmail issue or an orca issue.

Greetings

Peter