[orca-list] Can't access orca global prefs on fluxbox

I can configur app specific prefferences using fluxbox, at least for GTK apps, and I think for most QT apps
as well, in
short, anything normally installed from package manager pretty much as mozilla apps also let me configure and
save
settings.
What I can't do is open the global prefferences menu. Ii try with just the caja desktop I have configured to
auto start
running, and I've also tried after starting firefox, mangler, pcmanfm, and a few others. Nothing happens.
I have no trouble with this using mate, and unless something new has cropped with recent orca builds, do not
think there
is any problem in XFCE.
Any ideas as to why this happens, and or what I could do to fix or work around the issue?
BTW, I asked someone using ratpoison and they said they could open their global prefferences.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
--
B.H.