Re: [orca-list] RFC: Dropping Orca's launcher desktop file.

I for one have never used that file, i.e. not launched orca fronm a apps menu, but have been surprised at how
many users
I've run in to in the last little while who have been using orca for a year, or years and still keep the main
window on
display using Vinux, precise, older Debian etc where this is the default. The first thing I ever did when
first using
Linux was to hide that  window.
As folks are transitioning to  newer releases, newer orca versions many will expect to see the orca entry in
the apps list
or menu aviailable on the Distro/Desktop
 they are using.
I agree that the way to go should be to hide the entry on environments where it is for sure not needed, but
my question is
when would the proposed change take effect?
Perhaps keeping this visible for a bit longer would avoid some confusion among those who do not keep up with
development
so much?
Just brain storming, and again my personal pref iws to get rid of this, going to edit my desktop file right
now come to
think of it...lol.
Regards,
--