Re: [orca-list] What is all this?

Hi Doug,

No problem. Actually, this is pretty easy to explain.

The primary difference between Orca browse mode and Orca focus mode
depends on if you are working with a web control or not. In browse
mode Orca will give you a flat rendering of the web page and allow you
to navigate it with the cursor keys just like any other text or office
document. With focus mode that allows you to shift Orca's focus to a
specific control like a combo box, edit box, etc so you can work with
it directly. If you are filling out an edit box in a form you would
enable focus mode so the cursor keys are dealing with the text in that
edit control alone and Orca will ignore the rest of the web page
unless you move away from that control. Does that make sense?

A widget is basically a small application written in Flash,
Javascript, etc that is integrated into the web page to perform some
function such as a stock ticker, shows the day's date and time, shows
the current weather, etc. There are hundreds of these sorts of web
widgets out there, and the important thing to know is that they are
just little applications that run in your browser and are sometimes
integrated into web pages for dynamic and real time content.

HTH