Re: [orca-list] No Terminal window in Ubuntu

I think control alt t still works to open a terminal emulator, and if not this can be configured in the
keyboard
prefferences found by going to the devices indicator with and
entering on settings.
Then go to the shortcuts tab and it should be in the top section along with the shortcuts for launching
default browser
and such.
Most of those are only mapped to multimedia keys, not the way I like it, and many ppl do not use or like
multimedia key
enhanced keyboards.
Anyway, to get to consoles you do use control alt function keys,. I think this worked fine for me in the
trusty I tested a
few days after it came out, but sometimes I think there was trouble  in other releases with the speech there.
The terminal for Ubuntu is called gnome-terminal.
Also, if you go to the launcher I think at the bottom you can left and right arrow to different things, one
of which is
apps. I've not used unity that much for several months, and almost never use the dash or launcher, so if that
is only on
the dash, excuse me. anyway, you can find terminal there, called terminal i think.
UYou should install the classic menu indicator if it's still around.
It gives you a gnome2 style menu in the top indicator panel where apps are categorized in to the old groups
like
applications for utilities, the terminal emulator, text editor and such, internet for email, browsers and
communications
apps like pidgin, skype, linphone, mangler and such, and several other groups like office and games.
hth
--
B.H.