[orca-list] MATE accessibility leaps forward by copying a script directory

For quite some time, no one was able to figure out why things like
application switcher, workspace switcher and panel switcher popups
weren't speaking in MATE. Attempting to look at the code to try to find
the problem, several of us, including myself, could see nothing that
kept these things from speaking; everything looked like it should just
work, at least to the uninitiated in the mysterious ways of gtk such as
myself.

Apparently, someone has recently found the solution. I'm not sure who
actually found it, but Kendell Clark reported it in the TalkingArch IRC
channel, and I tried it and it works. In order to make the Marco window
manager speak correctly in MATE, copy the script directory from Metacity
into a new directory for Marco. On an Arch system running Orca master, I
copied /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/orca/scripts/apps/metacity as
/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/orca/scripts/apps/marco and restarted
Orca. Immediately, all the window manager popups began speaking
correctly. There are still a few bugs, but MATE has taken a giant step
forward to become the most accessible lightweight desktop available
today. As a feature request in Orca, I would propose copying this
directory in the Orca master branch so that Marco popups will speak
correctly in future releases. Thanks.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--