Re: [orca-list] Quick key for clickables?

Yes!  I When a link or clickable comes along, I want to be able to press
enter on it and have it go, also shift-f10 and any other normal keys.
That is what a screen reader is for, in my opinion.

Peter Vágner <pvdeejay gmail com> wrote:

Hello,
I don't have strong preference regarding clickables however I don't
wish them to be mixed with links or other known roles.
Unfortunatelly any element can have onclick event registered including
links, buttons, checkboxes tabs etc. I think for common roles we do
want to suppress reporting of their onclick event.

Unfortunatelly the other part of your message where you are tallking
about non performant checks regarding enter and spacebar keys has hit
me even more.
As we are currently in a process of testing and trying to come up with
ideas on how to make the focus vs browse modes paradigm even cooler I
thought we can get another nice feature into the mix.
When you are in browse mode and cursor is pointing into a focusable
interactive control such as tab, entry, text, password, combobox and
similar you should also be able to activate focus mode by pressing the
enter key. If you are in a browse mode and something else is under
your cursor the enter key should get passed throught to the browser or
do what it is currently set to do I am afraid I don't know all the
details.
With the same thing in mind when you are in a focus mode and such
interactive control like entry, text, combobox, tab etc has the system
focus pressing esc key would switch to browse mode.
These are all NVDA features so if you think I am becoming crazy about
all this please ignore this. Also still this would only make sense
after options related to auto focus / browse mode triggering are
included like we are speculating about them in another thread.
And yeah maybe this is not doable because of possible performance
issues so perhaps this is last time this is brought up here. The
conditions are already there we just needs to implement the key
bindings and their coresponding script. I don't think it would be less
performant than arrow keys in browse mode.
Unfortunatelly these are just my wild ideas and they may not be
accurate enough.

Greetings

Peter