Re: [orca-list] Some reading problems

hi
I can confirm  bugs 2 and three, and both are likely  firefox's fault. I don't know whether there are bugs
filed against
either orca or firefox, but joannie knows about them and is working to fix them. Bug 4, the speech-dispatcher
one, is
definitely something in either speech-dispatcher or orca's speech-dispatcher module. Sorry to get technical.
I assume
you're usint the espeak synthesizer, since voxin IE eloquence, doesn't have the capitalization issue. That's
What causes
it, when speech-dispatcher encounters either a word that has a capital letter in it, or an all caps word, it
raises the
pitch like it's supposed to, but forgets to lower it. Here in arch, it goes away after a few seconds, but it
might not
in ubuntu. Ubuntu is known for mixing components from different gnome versions, some from 3.12, some from
3.10 and 3.8,
so accessibility can have weird quirks. The issue where orca gets stuck on words is extremely annoying and
hard to track
down exactly what causes it. I get that here in arch as well, both in the latest orca versions from git and
the latest
available in the arch repos, v3.12.I didn't know about the punctuation bug, bug that needs fixing. That's
likely an orca
issue or more likely a speech-dispatcher one.
Thanks
Kendell clark