[orca-list] confusions with gnome accessibility

Dear all,
I just downloaded the Gnome version of Ubuntu 14.04.
I am able to get to the activities and also can use the super + a key combination to get to the applications. But I have some questions, as I feel there are more than two keyboard commands needed for a few things.
For example, can we directly access the favorites menu?
I have to every time press alt + f1 and then alt + ctrl + tap to get to it.
I wished that just alt + f1 or some other command would have done the job.
Secondly, when I insert a pen drive in the usb port, I don't know how to get to the notification and choose the right action (open or eject etc ). And lastly I don't see a direct way to access other notifications and how to interract with them.
One more point, is is possible to assign sho
If these t