[orca-list] Trisquel 6.0.1 Release Upgrade Announcement and questions

Hi,

Trisquel announced the availability of its 6.0.1 incremental release. See link here:
http://trisquel.info/en/trisquel-gnulinux-601-lts-upgrade-release
It includes all updates since the release of 6.0, plus additions of new firmware to the kernel, some UEFI support, and Mozilla browser 28. The basic kernel is still 3.2, with others available in the repos. The GUI is still Trisquel's GNOME 3.4.2 fallback interface. The included Orca will not work with the included browser 28; in my instance of Trisquel, I've held the browser back at 23. I'm given to understand that Browser 28 offers security and privacy enhancements, and support for a new, open video codec called vp9. How much privacy and security am I sacrificing by staying with browser 23? Is it worth staying with this configuration until Trisquel 7? How widely adopted is this vp9 I'm missing? Keep in mind, there's no telling when Trisquel 7 will ship.

Thanks for listening,

Dave  H.