Re: [orca-list] Why flat review was causing focus losses in GNOME 3.9.x

On 09/12/2013 06:33 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:

I can accept that it was a debugging tool and a hack, but we should
probably consider adding some form of visual queue for flat review,

Absolutely. And to do it right what we need is new API which toolkits
would implement to highlight the accessible component and to highlight
the accessible text (or a portion thereof). Then Orca could call it,
Accerciser could call it, low vision tools could call it, reading tools
could call it, etc.

Beyond that, toolkits are in a far better position than any other
technology to properly highlight that toolkit's own widgets, so you get
better highlighting quality. Lastly, this approach would be desktop
environment independent.

When this functionality is in place, Orca will use it.

--joanie