Re: [orca-list] Internet radio broadcasting clients that work with orca

Hello,
On 09.09.2013 02:52, Hank Smith, and Seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:

didn't know qt apps would even run on windows let alone on linux what did u do? on both platforms?

Actually QT apps most likelly include the basic accessibility features on both platforms by default. For example VLC media player is usable out of the box on both platforms. Under linux you just have to run orca and make sure qt-at-spi package is installed. As for the mixxx app it-self on linux there is nothing special required it just needs to be installed and the same requirement applies like with making sure VLC media player is accessible. You have to have qt-at-spi installed and orca running. On ubuntu this is available and installed by default. On debian this is awailable as well but might be installed manually. On arch linux there is an AUR package. Mixxx is also accessible under windows but in order to make it work so I had to download QT4 SDK and extract accessible plugin out of that because mixxx developers are not shipping this. If you need just the accessible plugin for QT 4.8 based apps for windows just let me know the architecture the app was built for an I can just send you the files ripped off of the QT4 4.8.

Greetings

Peter