[orca-list] Orca not speaking Ubuntu ppc 12.04

hello running Ubuntu PPC 12.04 on a late 2004 iBook G4 1.2GHZ and 1.25GB Ram, 30GB HDD.

system runs great, functions great, even has sound and wifi, but orca, doesn't speak.

The settings look good, speech dispatcher is selected, espeak is selected and all the volumes are up and unmuted, I even did a sound test. but even after confirming all settings in orca prefs I still have no speech. even with the eyes of my daughter telling me what is on the screen, she says, orca itself is activated but it just doesn't talk. she can see the about, prefs, help buttons and the title orca screen reader.

Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks
Gabe Vega
CEO