Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 13.10 and accessibility of unity

Unity2d, the version that worked quite well with Orca, has been dropped
as of Ubuntu 13.04. There is now only one version of Unity in Ubuntu,
and it is the version that is less accessible to Orca. Hopefully we can
expect some positive changes for the next long-term release, which will
be 14.04. For now, however, gnome-shell may be your best option if you
want a more modern environment that works with Orca. It doesn't work
exactly the same as Unity, but I find it to be quite easy to use.
Installing the gnome-shell package should pull in everything you need.
Then you should be able to select it from your login screen. Hope this
helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--