Re: [orca-list] orca 3.11 stays mute in the desktop area

Hey José.

I cannot reproduce this. Having enabled the desktop via
gnome-tweak-tool, Orca is presenting the icons on the desktop as I arrow
amongst them.

Is there any chance that Orca 3.11 is finding the old Nautilus script
that no longer exists? (It no longer exists because that logic now lives
in the default script). If you have an old, pre-refactor Nautilus script
hanging around with your 3.11 version of Orca, that old script will be
used instead of the default script. And that old Nautilus script is
still living in the world in which we pay attention to focus: events and
do not present icons in response to selection events.

If you are sure you have a clean 3.11 installed, send me a full
debug.out and I'll take a look.

Thanks!
--joanie