Re: [orca-list] noticing serious lags when using firefox

Hey Jakob, all.

On 11/04/2013 02:41 PM, Jakob Herrmann wrote:

I am having similar issues since I upgraded to Firefox 25 and am
trying to reproduce some of them and to file bugs accordingly,
which is not that easy as I don't know where to start and use of
Bugzilla is also difficult due to those issues.

At the moment I'm still working on the uber-event-related change I
mentioned on Saturday. After that, I'll then see what I can reproduce
and figure out. You provided some good test cases (thanks!!) and
specific other test cases are encouraged.

Obviously, Orca should never hang or crash -- in the face of bugs in
other software or not. Having said that, there are a couple of
possibilities about the general nature of what changed in Firefox 25:

* Mozilla broke a bunch of stuff
* Mozilla fixed a bunch of stuff

As a reminder, Orca's Gecko support is hack piled upon hack piled upon
hack for weirdness we were seeing when implementing Orca's original
support for Gecko. So it is not unreasonable for all these problems to
be the result of Mozilla fixing a bunch of stuff and Orca needing to
be updated accordingly. I'll keep y'all posted.

--joanie