[orca-list] Orca dropping the first character of a line in the terminal window

Hello all,

I am very new to Orca and actually very new to Linux in general. I have just
started using Vinux 4 in the last few weeks. In case you don't know, Vinux 4
is based on Ubuntu 12.0.4.2 running Gnome desktop 3. So I apologize if this
has been covered here before.

When I am in a terminal window and Orca is speaking a large batch of text
that is being written to the terminal window, it often drops the first
character. One example where it always does this is when installing a new
program or doing an upgrade. It always loses the first character of the line
that tells you how many will be upgraded, newly installed, removed or not
upgraded.

Do others see this? Is there a fix or workaround for it?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Best regards from Ohio,

Vic