[orca-list] Orca crashes and fails to start (Arch/Gnome 3.8)

I'm trying to get Orca running on my Gnome 3.8, Arch installation. I invoked setup from the terminal and encountered the following error:

[steve arch ~]$ orca -t
Welcome to Orca setup.
Select desired speech server.
1. Default Synthesizer
2. dummy
3. cicero
4. generic
Enter choice: 1
Enable echo by word?  Enter y or n: n
Enable key echo?  Enter y or n: n
Select desired keyboard layout.
1. Desktop
2. Laptop
Enter choice: 2
Enable Braille?  Enter y or n: n
Enable Braille Monitor?  Enter y or n: n
Setup complete.  Press Return to continue.
/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/gi/types.py:113: Warning: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  return info.invoke(*args, **kwargs)

After the terminal generates the warming message, the window hangs and stalls.

I found a recent thread in the orca mailing list and followed the suggestion to enable autospawn in gdm.

At this point, I'm stuck. If anyone can help me to get orca working, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!!!

(I posted this same comment on the Arch Forum, and having received no suggestions, I'm turning to the mailing list. If this is a duplicate for you, please forgive me.)