Re: [orca-list] Linux mint and Accessibility.

Get mate then substitute gnome-terminal for thrir terminal.

David

On Mar 26, 2013 5:44 PM, "Dave Hunt" <ka1cey gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

If you wanted to use Linux Mint, Mate Edition, I think a special version could be made, having the accessibility hacks done, and orca with the accessibility stack preinstalled.  If done right, such a version would come up talking, and the installer may work.  If not, maybe this version could have remastersys installer in place of the Mint one, but if Mint uses Ubiquity, (the Ubuntu installer), it should work in an accessible Mate live system.  Since Mate is a fork from GNOME 2, you'd have to make sure to get the x-desktop version of Orca, and all its dependencies. I'd rather see an accessible form of something like Consort or Cinnamon.