[orca-list] Ask for Ubuntu experts

Hi there!

Does anyone knows how do I install festvox and speech_tools in Ubuntu?

I have downloaded speech_tools, and festvox from:

http://www.festvox.org/download.html

When I extract the tar.gz ine g:usr/share/festvox, and /usr/share/speech_tools, I cannot compile festvox neither speech_tools from source.

I have GCC 4 installed, and when I try make or sudo make under root, program creates all necessary configuration, but cannot compile, and prints message „Cannot exec vp, no such file or directory“ for some C libraries.

When I try to set ESTDIR variable for speech_tools with the following command:

Export ESTDIR=/usr/share/speech_tools

And when I try to make pichmark files with the following:

Mkdir pm

./tools/make_pm_wave wav/*.wav

Program prints message /usr/share/speech_tools/bin/pitchmark not found.

Does anyone have idea how to install festvox and speech_tools from source in Ubuntu, to complete building a new festival voice.

Best regards

Darko