Re: [orca-list] How many people us voxin?

On 10/03/13 13:54, Kyle wrote:
Christopher Chaltain:
I also prefer open software and applications, but I am
pretty pragmatic, and I'll use whatever tools are at hand.

The above would certainly indicate that you would be exclusively an
eSpeak user, since eSpeak is distributed with

Ah, but I didn't mean it that literally. Voxin and eSpeak are different,
and I'm not going to keep from using a package just because I have to
download an archive file and run a script. I install quite a few
packages from source or via apt-get, even though technically they may
duplicate features already present on my Ubuntu system. So, when I said
"at hand" I meant available to me, and I didn't mean just already
included in my distribution.

~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
most Linux distributions by default, and therefore, eSpeak is the tool
that is at hand.