Re: [orca-list] orca does not recognize eclipse 4.3

Hey José.

On 06/27/2013 05:37 AM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:

When I run eclipse 4.3, Orca does not recognize it as the eclipse.
Orca considers the eclipse as an application called java.

Orca doesn't consider such matters; Orca is being told by Eclipse that
its accessible name is "java." Eclipse should not lie to Orca like that. ;)

What  can I do to solve this problem since eclipse and orca is a vital
tool in my job?

My recommendation is that you use an earlier version of Eclipse and file
a bug against Eclipse to restore the previous accessible name.

If, however, your job requires that you use Eclipse 4.3, try copying the
"Eclipse" app script folder to .local/share/orca/orca-scripts and rename
that copied folder "java" (lowercase j). Hopefully that will make it
possible for you to work while we wait for the Eclipse folks to fix the
bug you file.

Take care.
--joanie