Re: [orca-list] Do I always need a graphical server/interface?

Hi Thomas!
Yeah, at times, the performance is important. I have a dual core 64
bit machine running at about 3.0 ghz, and 3 gb of ram. When I've been
recording multi track audio projects, I sometimes get audible xruns
which isn't good.
So, an option to reduce system resource usage while I'm working with
audio will be one strategy for solving this problem.

I've downloaded speakup.
How can I get in to and out of level 3 to try this out, and then what
do I configure to make the system boot in level 3 if I want to do
that?

Thanks sooo much!
Rusty