Re: [orca-list] Do I always need a graphical server/interface?

If you wanted to run a stricly command line system, you would need something like speakup for that. As far as orca is concerned, you do need a graphical server with gnome or another desktop manager to run it. I'm not sure about the audio recording stuff, as I haven't messed with that, but I hope I've answered at least one of your questions.
Clinton.