Re: [orca-list] working with skype

I have an xmpp account on jabber.org that allows text and voip. I haven't used my ekiga.net for a while, but do have a working sip address from iptel.org, where I use linphone client (commandline and gui version). I think you can buy telephone numbers and talk time from iptel.org, ekiga.net, and others; I choose not to do this.

For client-server voip, we have mumble. It offers great audio quality with low latency. The client can be made accessible, using the qt-at-spi package.

Try the mumble server at mumble.accessiblefreedom.org, port 31277. We use this to record the Sonar Podcast.

Cheers,

Dave