From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Ward
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:40 PM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] dosemu

Hi Alex,

Well, for one reason there are many text based games for Dos that one can
play in Dosemu with Orca. As you know there aren't many accessible games
written specifically for Linux, but one way of playing games in Linux is
using an emulator like Dosemu and playing games like Any Night Football,
Facing the Empire,  Piledriver, as well as various other Dos text based
games.The only other way I know of to play games is to setup Wine with
various dependencies like Visual Basic 6 runtime libraries, Visual C++
runtime libraries, DirectX, etc and install and play games like GMA Tank
Commander under Wine 1.4. So games is one reason for running a Dos emulator.

Cheers!