Re: [orca-list] Orca crashes and fails to start (Arch/Gnome 3.8)

Hello,
I haven't closelly followed your discussion however what might be also important that you need to copy /etc/pulse/client.conf into /var/lib/gdm/.config/pulse and then edit the copyat /var/lib/gdm/.config/pulse/client.conf making sure autospawn is enabled. Kyle just posted how to enable orca speaking on login screen, which also starts up speech-dispatcher as gdm user however pulseaudio is no longer started automatically and this is why you might have issues getting speech output on a login screen.

Greetings

Peter