Re: [orca-list] Orca does not correctly present the message list in Thunderbird

This may or nay not be specific to GNOME 3.8, but it seems to come and
go. I can confirm that at times, deleting a message will cause the next
message in the list to be announced twice upon arrowing past it, i.e.
the message 2 message 2 behavior you describe. This used to happen all
the time using older versions of Thunderbird on GNOME 2.x, but comes and
goes since GNOME 3. I'm thinking that as well as either GNOME or
Thunderbird, the at-spi itself could be the underlying cause of this
issue, but I can't pin it down. I only know that sometimes it behaves
properly and sometimes, although more rarely, I get the behavior you
describe. The best work-around I found is to shift tab to the mailbox
tree, close and reopen your mailbox folder by left arrowing twice and
right arrowing twice, and then tab back to your message list. You will
be automatically placed on the message you had focused, and the list
will once again be read correctly. Hope this helps until a permenant
solution is found.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--