From: Alex Midence [mailto:alex midence gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:57 PM
To: 'D. A. H.'
Subject: RE: [orca-list] What distribution?

I tried the live CD just now and found it quite accessible at a very cursory
level.  All I did was pop it in, wait about 2 minutes to be sure it was
ready and then hit alt+f2 and typed Orca.  Orca began talking and I found
myself in a dialog asking if I wanted to try install Fedora or try it out.
I pressed "try it out" and was able to navigate the Gnome  Shell as normal
and launch applications and so forth.  As a Gnome 3.4 user, I have to say I
really liked the Message area you get in 3.8.  I also really like the way
the applications area can either show frequent or all applications used.  It
reminded me of Unity but with a cleaner interface.  There was no speech in
the console (big surprise) but x was quite accessible.

I guess the big hairy beastie is the installation application.  I'll have to
mess with that and see what impressions I get.  Concensus appears to be
don't use tab, use flat review and expect odd behavior.  I think I'll make a
virtual machine of it and play around with it some as time permits.  Looking
forward to learning how a Redhat derivative works as I've only messed with
Debian and Ubuntu-derived systems up till now.

Thanks, Dave.

Alex M