Re: [orca-list] State of accessibility in GNOME/Others, from an absentee

On lundi 01 juil. 2013 à 12:31:52 (+1000), Jason White wrote:
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <texou actux eu org> wrote:
Thanks Kyle for this excellent message, from which I'll explore in details
gnome-shell. Anyway I tested orca 3.4 and 3.7 in various circumstances
(Wheezy, Sonar), and I experience a problem I wanted to share: when I lock
the numpad to write figures, any orca shortcut is locked too. On Firefox, I
cannot browse a page with arrow keys. Ins-t doesn't work anymore. To recover
the shortcuts, I've to press unlock numpad.

Do you mean that you can't use the arrow keys as mapped to the numeric keypad,

Yes, but that is expected.

or that the separate arrow keys on a PC-style keyboard then don't work?

Yes too. And that is not expected. :)

If the
latter, I agree it shouldn't be happening.

We agree :)

The Orca key (bound to the insert key on the numeric keypad in desktop layout)
won't be available if numlock is set. That's normal and expected.

Yes. We have the same analysis.

Regards,