Re: [orca-list] gdm3, debian, and orca

GDM 3 automagically talks in Trisqul 6 (all versions with GNOME) and in 5.x (I18N Edition). No idea how Rubin does it.

-Dave  H.

On 01/23/2013 02:09 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
Supposedly, this works in Debian but it’s never worked for me.  Here’s
trying:

Become root with su.  At the root prompt, type the following:

Sudo –u Debian-gdm gconftool –type bool –set
/desktop.gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true

Like I said, it has never worked for me.  I’m using Debian Wheezy with
whatever version of Orca comes with it at the moment.  It’s 3.4.2, I think.