Re: [orca-list] Orca using too much memory on my machine?

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:
Just to inform you that the memory usage by orca is still high, even
after installing at-SPI2-core 2.7.4.1.

At the time of writing this message, orca is consuming 140MB.
The good news is that increased consumption appears to be slower
than before.

If it were a C program I would suggest running it under Valgrind. However,
it's a Python program, and I'm not sure what the equivalent tool is in this
case. It could well be the AT-SPI 2 library that's leaking but you need to
find out more precisely what the cause is.

I hope someone on the list knows what memory analyzer to use.

Incidentally, Clang now has a memory leak detection tool which apparently
doesn't slow down the execution of a program as Valgrind does. So, if AT-SPI
can be compiled with Clang it should be easier to obtain a report that details
any memory leaks which still occur.