[orca-list] [ot] speakup/espeakup on Raspberry Pi - instability

Hello everyone!
sorry to post this here, but unfortunately the speakup mailinglists aren't available right now. I have got running difficulties with espeakup and a raspberry pi using the raspbian (debian) distribution. When starting it displays a failure, but begins to run. but it has a habit of crashing after a while. I have a feeling, that this is due to the espeak bit mainly (using pulseaudio or portaudio). I recently compiled espeak by hand removing the -fno-exceptions option, as recommended or ARM processors, which has helped a bit. Does anyone here have experience with this setup or can point me to a better place to ask.
  Kind regards
        Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html