Re: [orca-list] Announcing Orca v3.7.4

Peter,

I thought arch would be more difficult than Ubuntu or Debian.  I installed Bridge Linu from the Live CD and I installed pacmind which is a graphical user interface for their package installation program.

I can honestly say that arch is easier than Ubuntu or Debian.  The one thing you have to know is the package name of what you want to install and you can find that out by using google.

To add the testing repositories to your system do this:

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

Find the section REPOSITORIES

Find this part:

#[testing]
#SigLevel = PackageRequired
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

The instruction on what to do are right above this, it says remove the # from the repository name and from the include line.

So change and save.

I use pacmind to install programs.

If you don't have it then do this:

sudo -Sy pacmind

Best wishes,

David
David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA  Radio-Officers Group -- Join CW email list -- Historic Morse Recordings
Gopher Hole:  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher gateway
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr msn com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=