Re: [orca-list] Announcing Orca v3.7.4

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:
I think that even with ubuntu 12.10 you don't,.
What I did was move to arch, as suggested in this message.
The problem is that the arch requires the user to have some
knowledge of the system and some settings are not as automated as in
ubuntu.
Moreover the existing documentation is very good in my opinion.

I think users who aren't competent at system administration tasks (i.e., the
Linux command line, editing configuration files, solving problems etc.),
shouldn't be installing and running unreleased versions of desktop
environments and assistive software. At the very least, they shouldn't be
doing so on any machine that is used for purposes other than software testing
- especially, don't do it on a desktop or laptop that you use for any other
work.

However, there's excellent documentation available for those who want to
acquire system administration skills and advance their Linux knowledge. The
people with the appropriate background will definitely be in a position to
help with testing, and those without the background have yet another reason to
learn and build up their skill level.

Arch Linux is undoubtedly a good starting point for people who have the skills
in place.