Re: [orca-list] Even after a system reinstalation, Orca does not speak

The name of distro is Linux AcessÃvel made by a brazilian team.
I am sure there is no problem with the image. I have used it several times ago.
The difference in this case is that I have created a separated
partition for Home. Each time I  reinstalled it, the partitions were
formated. This is the first time I profited a pre-existent home
partition. As a result, some configuration, some bad configuration is
preserved after the reinstalation.
If I understood  what you told me, inside my Home, there is a file
called ".desktop". I need to remove some rows, save it and restart
Gnome. Isn' it?
The idea to create another user seemed to me good becose new
configuration files would be created.
Actually, I know how to fix it. If I format also the Home partition,
the problem will be solved. but if I do it, I don't learn how to use a
separated partition for Home. I will need to copy a bunch of data to a
external disk.
Reading what you wrote, I remember that, in sucessfull instalations of
this distro, I had to sounds: a logon and a logoff sound. Now, the
behaviour is:
1. I listen the sound of Orca inviting to fill up the password;
2. The system starts after the password filling, but the startup sound
is not played.
3. When the system is turned off, I listen the logoff sound.
I don't know if my description helped you.
I thank you for the atention. I would never think about this hypothesis.