Re: [orca-list] Do we need "accessible" linux distributions anymore? was Re: Go to upper left and lower right corner in orca.

OK, i've taken a look at sonar in a VM. My understanding of Sonar was that it was significantly different from Ubuntu and not the "install Ubuntu with LXDE and orca talking out of the box" system that it is.
I think I was confusing Sonar and Vinux.
Vinux is a significantly modified version of Ubuntu based on really old versions of Ubuntu that aren't even the latest LTS release! If Vinux is trying to target blind users with low hardware/memory systems, I think sonar has already done this(really? unity 2d?) If you really want to support low end hardware, you could build a shell/dialog based menu interface for performing day to day tasks with lynx, alpine, nano/vim/emacs, ttytter, grive, etc.

Bill