Re: [orca-list] what computer for linux

I'm not sure if anyone can tell you the best computer to run Linux, but in addition to Dell's and HP's mentioned below which come with Linux preinstalled, Lenovo also has a good reputation when it comes to supporting linux. I personally have also had a lot of success with Asus. You can check out the systems that have passed Ubuntu certification at http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/ Obviously, this will be a good resource if you're going to install Ubuntu, but I think it would also be a good indicator regardless of which distribution you'll be installing.