From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Zachary
Kline
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:13 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Introductions, and questions on some possible Orca Bugs

Hi All,

My name is Zack Kline, and I've been trying to get back into the world of
Linux after a couple years away. I've successfully installed ArchLinux and
Gnome on my Macbook Pro, and am running into a few bugs I consider fairly
serious.
Orca version 3.10.2 doesn't seem to be saving my user configuration.
Specifically, I select the laptop keyboard layout, but when I restart the
Gnome session again, or even Orca, I'm greeted with a nonfunctional caps
lock modifier key. Checking in .local/share/orca, I see that both Insert and
KP_Insert are listed as Orca modifier keys, which should definitely not be
the case as far as I'm aware.
The other major hiccup I've run into is related to using Orca with the
Speakup console screen reader. I have to blame PulseAudio or Espeakup or
both, but I can't switch seamlessly between the two environments. I have to
restart the Espeakup daemon every time, which is annoying at best.
I have seen previous posts on this list from a couple years ago, related to
this problem. I hope the bugs haven't lingered unresolved for that long. Any
advice on dealing with these would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much,
Zack.