Re: [orca-list] Speech Problems in Gnome Terminal and Console

I'm not familiar with the article you're referring to. In Googling around, I've seen external HD life expectancies range up to 2-10 years, with most coming in at 2-5 years. I didn't see anything that said manufacturers explicitly build external harddrives to fail in five years. Do you have a link to that article handy?

I agree though, you shouldn't rely on one hard drive to store your data. My point is they could fail in two months, five years or ten years. This is why a given external hard drive should only be one part of your overall backup strategy.