[orca-list] Fonts in ubuntu/windows

I am working on a web project. I noticed that the fonts in Ubuntu are not even close to the ones in windows. For instance, a heading level 1 in windows is arial 17pt. The same heading in Ubuntu is liberation sans 13pt. since it seems like the heading is displayed in a larger font size/style than Ubuntu, it seems like it would mix up the entire screen, and I would have to recalculate everything/take into account for all types of Oss. Can someone explain the font style/size difference?