Re: [orca-list] Practise in accessible websites

Hi Mallory!
Thanks for your long mail. I have to admit, I skipped through a great deal of it. I should have described my own knowledge better and requirements better. SO I am a student of computer science, I have done some accessibility work on websites before and I am familiar with all the basics and practises as mentioned by the WCAG W3C guideline. I know, that there is a lot, which is too new to be in effect. So my question really is: 1. What is practically useful beyond basic measures like good HTML, CSS and structuring in general. If I want to be nice to others (no matter by which piece of software or technology), what should I put in? SSML, ACSS or any other form of coding to help visually impaired users using speech output. I know, that the Screnreaders/browsers do a lot by default or based on user decisions, like speak links differently. That is configurable I believe, depending on your screenreader. But wht else can I do. For example spell out acronyms. SSML offers a say-as tag, that could pronounce eim as (e i m - electrical engineering, computer Science and math). Just as an example. Such things. Again thanks for all the time and effort you invested in my little problem. That is appreciated.
  Warm regards
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html