Re: [orca-list] Why orca is double echoing some content in firefox?

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 12:25:17PM +1100, Jason White wrote:
José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:

Save the html in a file, open the file with firefox and try navigate
using up and down. Note that the word Brasil and the word France are
read twice by orca.

Am I doing something wrong?

No, probably not.

I once looked at the code used by Orca to handle caret navigation in Firefox
(i.e., Gecko), and it was very complex due to limitations on the Mozilla side.
I am sure it can be and will be improved, but it's impressive that it works as
well as it does.

 I suspect atleast some of the complexity comes from working around
 stuff that nolonger needs to be worked around, but that code is so
 complicated and confusing that I atleast can't tell what is or isn't
 needed.

 Trev